the other kind are like horse blankets, almost--and secured in such a way
that one could NOT get out of them......

the only thing that brendan can't get out of is one of the HEAVY-DUTY (read,
mountaineering-strength fibre) harnesses with a chest band and under-the-leg
band.....

 Personally, they are cute, but I wouldn't trust them. If it's not buckled
around the neck so tight their head can't get through using an unbreakable
fabric and a sturdy metal buckle, I'm not going to trust it. I used to take
my cats out in both a harness and a secondary collar, and I ran a "panic"
line from the collar to the leash end, so if they got out of the harness,
I'd still have them by the collar. I've since learned to trust my sturdy 5/8
inch nylon dog collars.

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources

http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=21303
Sign up for iGive and a percentage of your purchases helps save animals!

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine