Same here...we have a large group here that sends kitties to a hospice but do
not euthanize. Felv+ and Fiv+ (no confirmatory tests) are mixed
together....drives me nuts. Some are asymptomatic. However, no other group
offers free TNR surgeries so they do a lot for controlling the population....if
not for them, the cats won't be fixed otherwise and will indeed be suffering.

http://thebestlittlecathouseinpa.com/Dome.htm

> Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:36:22 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: article on releasing /not testing
> for felk in feral cats> > Scream!> > Shadowcats here is one. They are also
> the best known feral group in> our area by far...which means when they teach
> TNR to people..they> teach it is *unethical* to not kill asymptomatic FELV+
> cats...> > Although they do not euth for FIV and may not even test for it.> >
> They *do* euth asymptomatic FELV+ cats. I have had this argument with> their
> director many times...she doesn't like me much..*sigh*> > www.shadowcats.net>
> > On 5/8/07, MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > yep, but there are
> still "TNR" groups that not only test, but routinely euth> > positive cats
> with FeLV OR FIV...> >> >> >> >> > On 5/8/07, janine paton <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/info/releasing.htm> >
> hard headed vets understand why we don't> > > always want them to test. She
> actually got it, and> > > said thanks after she read it.> > >> > > Janine> >
> Make The Difference....> >> > MaryChristine> >> > AIM / YAHOO: TenHouseCats>
> > MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > ICQ: 289856892> > > -- > Rescuties - Saving the
> world, one cat at a time.> > http://www.rescuties.org> > Vist the Rescuties
> store and save a kitty life!> > http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20> >
> Please help Gandalf!> > http://www.firstgiving.com/gandalfkitty> > I
> GoodSearch for Rescuties.> > Raise money for your favorite charity or school
> just by searching the> Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com -
> powered by Yahoo!>
Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/personalize.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0507