http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/azithromycin-zithromax/page1.aspx

  cc and ml are liquid doses.  A liquid suspension is not 100% zith so before
you can determine accuracy of dose you need to understand percentage of
suspension.

  I always use zith in tablet or capsule form, dissolve in a tiny amount of
water and add syrup to mask the awful taste.  That way, I know the pill makes x
doses and I can add .5 cc syrup for each dose, thereby making my own suspension.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I will tell you waht my vet prescribed.

.5 lb ....006 cc. Or whatever 6/10 of .10 ml is

Very small amount.

1.0 lb - .125 cc

2.0 lb - .25 cc
3 lb - ..4 cc
4 lb - .5 cc
5 lb - .6 cc
10 lb 1.0 cc

I have had cats in the past he has prescribed once every other day for
3 doses..then repeat in a week.

These kittens are every 48 hours.

I think it depends and I'm not a vet which is why I am hesitant to
self- treat this stuff. People now advocate giving clavamox as soon
as I get them home. I think this is how we have so much clavamox
resistant uri.

But, I am not a vet. So who knows.

On 5/10/07, Gloria Lane wrote:
> With all the discussion of Zithromax - What's the dosage of Zithromax for
> kittens?
>
> I got some Zithromax for a 5 week old kitten (from the pound with URI) the
> other day and the directions are to give 1ml (2.5 mg) once daily for 14
> days. The kitten kind of got sluggish for a couple of hours after the first
> two days and doses. I decided I wasn't gonna do that, that the dosage isn't
> right. HOwever, the eye is getting better, btw!!!
>
> I read at
> network.bestfriends.org/Library/Download.aspx?d=41 that
> the dosage is 5 mg of drug for every 2.2 pounds of cat or 2.3 mg per pound
> of cat . I'm thinking a better dosage might be to cut back to .5ml daily...
>
> I also noticed at various sites on the web that there are different
> protocols for administering. This protocol I'm using is daily for 14 days.
> Some say just one dose, one day. Some are dosing for 3 days, then repeat
> in a week or so.
>
> Any thoughts on that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gloria