there is virtually no such thing as a positive kitten--unlike the FeLV
virus, kittens will test positive for FIV based on MOM'S antibodies, and
will continue to test positive until at LEAST six months old when mom's
antibodies pass from their systems.

can someone please go read one of the articles at FELV+, FIV+,
FIP<http://ucat.us/FELVFIVFIP.html>and send the appropriate one? i do
not have the time to do so -- or do a web
search for "Maternal Antibodies in FIV". every vet should KNOW this.

MC