To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 1:45 PM
Subject: To Cassandra; Re: Update on Tomi, and my older kitty, Koda

Cassandra,

I'm so happy to hear about Tomi's recovery!  How
wonderful!  I'm equally saddened to hear about your
Koda.  I hope she's able to pull through this like
Tomi did.  Prayers for peace going out for you and
your family.

:)
Wendy

--- C & J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, Tomi seems to be doing much better after his
crash 2 weeks ago.  He is acting alot more like his
normal self, though I think he still is a little
anemic.  I don't understand how his PCV can go so
low, then go back up on its own.  I am hoping all
the prayers helped him and he will continue to
improve.

I'm weaning him off the Prednisone, and though I
can't get him to eat anything other than chicken
liver and dry food, at least he is eating again.
I've tried about 12 different brands of quality
canned foods, plus homemade, and he will only take a
few licks before he runs off licking and scratching
himself.

We seem to be destined for only a small break in
fortune though, as our oldest cat, Koda, is now
dying.  We found Koda about 12 years ago.  She was
emaciated, and her ears, nose, and feet were
frostbitten.  We're not sure how old she was, but we
guess she was at least 2-3 years at the time.

Last summer she was diagnosed with diabetes, which
we've controlled mainly with diet.  Recently, we
noticed she was quite constipated, and took her to
the vet for an enema.  She seemed fine up to that
point, even though she was constipated.  When we
brought her home though, she wouldn't eat (very odd
for her), and was lethargic.

We took her back to the vet, and she ended up
spending 2 days and 2 nights there.  They said her
kidneys and liver were failing.  We brought her home
today, since they couldn't do much more for her.  At
least she will be more comfortable at home.  I don't
think she will last the weekend though.  She's too
weak to move, and feels cold.  She is also crying
some, and I hope she is not in pain :(.

I guess i'm hoping she will somehow pull through
this like Tomi did.  I just wish that my family
could get out of crisis for awhile and return to
normal.

Cassandra

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.