Please be very careful with the cat bites. I know you will be but have to say it anyway. I little feral broken a finger (much to the dismay of an entire hand practice at a university here). I had surgery twice. Immediately to repair some damage and later (supposedly) to repair the nail bed. The last surgery was after a very long course of antibiotics. Instead of repairing the nail bed they wound up cleaning out the wound again. Seems like it was very infected with no outer signs of infection. Some of these "bugs" can get into the bone and fester for months or years. I am not saying this to scare you just to ask that you keep an especially close eye on the situation. Your cats value you much too much to let you spend too much time at a hospital.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 11:47 PM
Subject: Great Snake evening excitement

Ok..So I am alone and head into the bedroom to see several cats curiously looking under the dresser. this can mean, a toad, a bird, a gopher or snake,,,I have already removed a few garter snakes from the cats this year,,, i got down on my hand and knees,,,shooing the cats away and heard a very irritated snake under the dresser. i could not tell if it was a gopher snake or a rattle snake,,,So now what,,there are 13 cats in there and i tried to get them out with out scaring them under the dresser,,favorite hiding place,,I did not want to leave as i needed to keep track of the snake, I tossed a few cats in the bathroom,,slammed the door,,,got one into the closet and scared a few into my cat inclosure and locked them out, that left only 4 more, I called Ashley, my cat helper to come give me a hand,,She arrived a few moments later,,,boots,,,rake and pail,,,but i still needed to get one feral out of the room,,,Well I grabbed her by the scuff and was almost out the door but she turned and really got me good, Several very deep bites but I got her out, Well we got the snake out and once in the light it looked more like a poor little scared gopher snake so we took him out to the vineyards to release him,,, I have pictures if anyone wants to see him,,, the moral of the story is ..well there may not be one,,find a snake in your room and go the emergency room with a cat bite!! What is strange is I have a pair of Red Tail hawks nesting in my palm tree and eating on the telephone pole out side my window,,,each day they seem to come home dangling a snake and i was just commenting that all my snakes will disappear,,,hmmm
Kelly