Sherry,

IBD can be treated with a change in diet. Elimination of all dry food & switch to an IBD diet --------- in my Paddy's case it's Royal Canin's Duck & Green Pea or Venison & Green Pea. Paddy was also on prednisolone for quite a while but he's ok now. Still eats that food & is on a low maintenance dose of the predniosolone primarily for lumbarsacral arthritis. He's 22.

An intestinal cancer could be detected perhaps by ultrasound &/or xray. Can she feel anything?: Some vets are able to palpate to feel thickened intestinal walls which is indicative of both IBD & GI lymphoma. What you have so far is not a sufficient diagnosis to be making any decisions. You need the vet to be more specific. Yes, it is hard to diagnose IBD & lymphoma but I would not give up on them at all at this point without further diagnostic work.

Pam

Sherry DeHaan wrote:
Hi everyone,once again I need to ask for good thoughts and prayers for these sweet boys.Benjamin is a sweet loving black boy and Sasquatch is a sweet loving gray boy.Dr. Jen thinks they both might have some form of Irritable bowel problems.Or worse intestinal cancer.She has the hospitalized and is doing all that she can to get them feeling better again.So please add them both to your prayers and thank you for being my support group.
Sherry

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48226/*http://new.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/norton/index.php> and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.