To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 2:00 PM
Subject: To Cassandra Re: Kisa

Cassandra,

I agree with what everyone says here, but am keeping
in mind that you are limited to location and funding.
That being said, even if Kisa does not get chemo, she
does need the combo dexamethasone/depomedrol shots.
They will not cure anything, but will keep her very
comfortable up to her passing if you choose not to do
chemo.  They are steroids, but much stronger than
prednisone.  I am so sorry Kisa is having to go
through this (and you as well).  Prayers going out for
both of you.  Please keep us posted.

:)
Wendy

--- wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cassandra,

I just read this email.  How is Kisa doing today?  I
am not caught up yet.  I hope she's better.  Prayers
going out for both of you.

:)
Wendy

--- C & J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, after going to the vet today, it's not
looking
> good for Kisa.
>
> She has elevated bilirubin in her blood/urine, and
> elevated number of lymphocytes.  Therefore they
> believe she has a liver disease, possibly
> lymphosarcoma.
>
> The only way they can tell for sure what the
problem
> is with her liver is to do a biopsy which means
> surgery.    They didn't suggest doing this though
> because of the FeLV and her immune system being
> compromised.
>
> They gave me prednisone and baytril for her,
though
> i'm really not sure how she'll handle keeping
those
> down when she is vomiting so easily.  They're
hoping
> the steroid will make her feel a little better and
> maybe regain some appetite.
>
> I've really got to try and get her to eat
something,
> she hasn't eaten since Saturday night now.
>
> I don't understand why this is all happening at
> once.  First I watched Tomi get sicker and sicker
> for nearly 2 months.  As soon as he started
getting
> better, Koda got sick with kidney and liver
failure,
> and died.  Now, barely a week later Kisa goes from
> being a super healthy and active cat to death's
> door.  I haven't even had enough time to get used
> Koda being gone, now its another crisis situation.
>
> This is all after having nothing but healthy,
happy,
> and active cats for 12 years.
>
> I used to think how awful it would be if my house
> burned down while I was away and my 5 cats were
> inside.  What is happening now is almost worse
than
> that since it is so prolonged and i'm beginning to
> wonder if something I am doing is causing all this
> (like feeding raw food).  I've always kept my cats
> indoors because I didn't want them to get run over
> by a car, etc....but they seem to be no safer
> indoors.
>
> Sorry for venting on you all, its just really
> starting to affect me, both emotionally and
> financially.
>
> Cassandra

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed citizens can change the world - indeed it
is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret
Meade ~~~

Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join
Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.