Do you believe this story....every day, I feed my front yard and back yard cats
(I love in a townhome attached on both sides)..and have done so since we moved
into the City in 1998. Last May my elderly neighbor moved out (she was pet
friendly and had volunteered at the Humane Society) and new neighbors moved in
(no pets).

Over the weekend, I was cleaning out my backyard house of straw from winter and
the husband neighbor came over and said a cat was pooping in the landing of his
basement steps. I said I feed only stray cats and you can't control where they
go as you can't control the birds pooping where they want. He said you don't
walk in bird poop. But in any case, I said to let me think about the situation
as it never happened before. So I went in and got a plastic bag and cleaned up
the poop as I didn't want any problems. Funny that noone ever pooped in our
landing but ours smells a lot better - not that musty yuck smell.

Then that night, in the middle of the night, I realized the one thing that
changed was my husband put stone along the only grassy section in the backyard.
In the morning, I asked my husband to move the stones as I figured that would
probably make it stop if it was indeed a cat/s.

Then, the door bell rings and my neighbor wants to speak to my husband. Of
course, it was about the cats. My husband said it might not be a cat/s, there
are skunks and possums. And just to put some wood out to block the cat/s or
animal/s from going down the steps to the landing.

Then the neighbor says if it doesn't stop he's going to kill them! Then my
husband said he couldn't do that or he'd go to jail -- and my husband said then
he didn't have time to argue about it and came in.

Now, I am worried about the kitties! I would love to take still somewhat feral
Mom cat (tho she lets me pet her) from the front inside but I have way too many
cats and doubt she'd appreciate it.  If we ever move, she is definitely coming.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping this blows over.

Thanks for listening, I know I am rather long winded!

Anita
"Every year shelters kill almost 5,000,000 cats, dogs, puppies & kittens.  Most
were beautiful, loving creatures (even feral cats!) that died simply because
they did not have a home.  Every puppy or kitten born costs a shelter animal
its life. Save lives, spay-neuter, support Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) & adopt for
life!"
Download Messenger. Start an i’m conversation. Support a cause. Join now.
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_MAY07