Maybe you can provide outdoor covered litter boxes for the kitties until you can trap them an come up with a enclosure solution, if that is possible. Or as Nina said maybe you can appease your neighbor by cleaning up after them and making it less kitty friendly.

This guys solution is despicable, but I can understand his distaste finding and stepping in cat poop or for the smell of cat urine in his yard. He should be able to enjoy his yard and not have to give that up because of the smell of cat pee, this is exactly why my cats are not allowed to roam free. They have an enclosure they can use anytime until we go to bed then it is closed off until the next day. They do not pee or poop outside unless *I let the cat box get too dirty for them* and that is not a problem, it doesn't happen very often, and if they did well it's my yard and I don't care if they do, I have to clean it.

I know how upset I get when I see a neighbor walking their dog and stopping and letting their dog poop in my yard and NOT cleaning up after them. If I wanted to clean dog poop, I would have a dog, I would never do anything horrible like your neighbor but I sure will talk to the dogs owner about cleaning up after their pet. And if that doesn't put an end to it, I have no problem turning on my hose to clean it up the next time they walk by and if that person gets wet, and they will, I'll just let them know I'm cleaning up the dog poop they left the last time they went for their walk, it's my yard and I don't have to put up with that.

I can understand their frustration, some people enjoy being out in their yards and smelling cat pee or stepping in cat poop while your trying to enjoy a day in your yard is pretty gross, they shouldn't have to deal with it.

I love my animals dearly but I don't think that gives me the right to force them on other people, same as I don't think parents of human children have the right to force them on me in public places, if your kids can't behave, leave them at home, I for one don't think it's cute when they are running all over the restaurant screaming.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com