I trust Nina's opinion, Jane.  I hope so much that MeMe will rally soon.
Please give her kitty kisses from us.

Elizabeth, Phelix, Antonio, Tiffany, Lexie, Shakiti, Tori, Othello

On 6/2/07, Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jane,
This is just my personal opinion, but I would stop the Drontal, at least
until you can talk to your vet.  The fact that she was improving and
that it is highly suspect that the Drontal put her off her food and (may
have stressed her enough to bring back the runny eye symptom), makes me
think that a step backward might be in order.  When I looked into
treating Giardia with Drontal, I neglected to also check for dosages.  I
don't know the mg dosage you are giving her but 2x daily for 5 days
seems excessive to me.  Worming meds, by their very nature are toxic.
She may be refusing to eat because she's nauseous, give her some time to
settle her stomach before you start to worry too much.
Nina