That red dye may be causing the problem.  Some of it is made from shellfish and
other things the cat (and a lot of people) have trouble with.

I don't know about laminate and cat claws.  Do yourself a favor and get a piece
for the cats to run on for a while.  I have pine floors with a shellac finish.
Dixie has scratched the devil out of them running and making turns.  This is an
ok thing.  I am grateful just for the privilege of watching her.  I suspect I
will break down and put a polyurethane finish on them one day...........or
maybe not.  I have Bruce floors in another house and the critters don't seem to
have caused any damage to them.  Just to clarify:  She has not shredded the
floors.  There are just little claw marks all over the joingt.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion
and pity, you will have men who