From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:36 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Charity (Crossed The Bridge)- Heartfelt Thanks & Update

In a message dated 6/11/07 4:02:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Take
care of yourself and treat yourself to that slice of
cheesecake or a hot bath or whatever brings a smile to
your face.  Charity would like that.

Dear Wendy & ALL the wonderful, compassionate, supportive, et al list
members,

It's Tuesday now and I have not been online [too much "other" stuff-
devastated mainly]........

Just wanted to let you all know [again], this group is so, so
wonderful...... I know I'll never leave.......

I want to give thanks for all the "suggestions" on what to do w/ Charity's
remains.... When all of a sudden you're faced w/ such a tragedy, your mind
goes blank......  And, since MVA my mind doesn't "function"....

My room mate was absolutely a god-send....  And, he didn't even "like" my
girl, thought I was crazy for taking her in...(Poor girl only liked me, she
was nasty w/ everyone else.)  Can't blame her though, not one bit. (Being
"taped" in a cardboard box w/ her babies.... ) After that, was it any wonder
she despised humans???  I know, with all I've seen, I definitely prefer
critters over humans.....

I couldn't get a cooler, but thank heavens we live in a real old home.....My
room mate wrapped her {gently] very well and he put her remains down in the
basement......And, being such an old house, the basement has stone walls,
also, a crawlspace - which is where he placed her.  And, it was HOT, but the
basement [always] remains cool....

So, yesterday, Monday, I [we] took her to vet for cremation.  And, when I
get her remains back, she will be [back] w/ her [our] Bart again.

She was such a loving girl - when I "earned" her trust when she came to me
to help Bart.... When she realized I DID help her [our] Bart, the change in
her behavior was unbelievable!!!!  And, gaining "trust" is so wonderful....
I can't even express just how I felt....  (Bart & Charity both put their
trust in me!!!!  And, that meant more than I can ever express).

I absolutely loved my Charity,  and knowing that she loved me is......
WONDERFUL!!!  AMAZING!!!!

I'm just so heartbroken she passed at such a young age.  But, I can take
comfort knowing at the end, she finally knew she was much loved....

I really believe it was FIP.....  Being together w/ Bart, well.....

And, I have the comfort remembering cuddling her & holding her right before
she passed.... I'll NEVER forget that!

And Wendy, as far as "taking care of myself", well, being a vegan,
cheesecake is out. {I DO make tofu cheesecake, but I'm just not into baking,
or any cooking right now].  And yes, I did take a bath....... but you know
what I did, that seemed to get almost all my "feelings" out????   Washed ALL
my windows, curtains, put diff. curtains up in all my windows!!!!   But, you
know what???  It really, really helped me "deal"....

Go ahead, call me crazy.....

Much love & thanks to EVERYONE!!!!

Hugs,

Patti & her gang