Wow!! Terrie that is horrible.Of course I will send good thoughts and prayers
to him.
  Sherry

elizabeth trent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    This is terrible!  I'll be saying prayers for all of you and also that he
makes a full recovery.  Please keep us posted.

  elizabeth

  On 6/13/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:       (I want
apologized if you have already seen this from other groups I'm on)

    Hello all,
  I wanted to make everyone aware or least be alert of what can happen when you
get behind brush mowers whether it's up close or at a distance.
  It is very dangerous.

  Yesterday, my husband was about 20 feet behind a tractor that had a brush
mower on it which was operated by his friend. My husband was looking for items
that may have been sticking out of the ground that the mower didn't get.

  Anyway, a huge rock flew out from the mower and my husband said he seen it at
the corner of his eye. By then it was too late. The rock hit him on his right
arm below the elbow and broke his arm in two places. I had to call 911 for help
he was bleeding and going into shock. He was taken to the hospital and had
x-rays done on him. The time was around noontime that this happened.

  My Dr. was on call who is a orthopedic surgeon had to do emergency surgery on
him.
  I have a lot of faith in him as he done my knee replacements and other bone
surgeries.
  One of the bones is shattered in my husband's arm and he said it look like a
gunshot wound. He was taken into surgery about 5 pm was returned back to his
room about 9:15 pm last night.
  The Dr. told me he was bad that he could lose his arm especially below the
elbow.
  He has muscle and tissue damage. Many fragments of the bone was floating in
his arm.
  Did what he could do for him at this point.
  Only time will tell.

  Since, my husband is a Diabetic and has HEP C from tainted blood in the 60's
from a blood transfusion he is considered high risk. He has a tube in him that
they call a Vacu this is to suck all the infection and excess blood from the
area. He is also on two different IV lines for the loss of blood and for
antibiotics. He is being monitored closely.
  I did noticed his blood pressure was high.
  So he will be in the hospital for at least some time.
  He will be taken back into surgery tomorrow to check out more of the damage
and try to repair more of his arm.

  By the way my husband is right handed this is the arm that got injured.

  Some of you already know he just had two recent right shoulder surgeries on
the same arm. He was supposed to return back to work for light duty on the 19th
of this month.
  Believe it or not he was looking forward going back to work after being off
for almost a year.
  Now that this has happened I don't know what we are going to do.

  Please pray and hope he doesn't lose part of his arm.
  That he makes full recovery.

  Terrie Mohr-Forker

TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE