Thoughts:

Be careful of the windows that open from the top (double-hung).  They can come
down (unexpectedly) further than you want and the furry crew will love that.
(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo.........I've never had any experience there).  Find a way to
pin the window so it can come only so far.

Cedar chests and tables make wonderful window seats and so do items that extend
the sills ( braces with boards attached????) so the furry ones can sit
peacefully????????????  I insisted on sills in this house for the cats but
cedar chests and tables work in the other house and supplement here.  I suspect
I will find a hammock for Dixie sooner or later.

Screens, such as came with the windows here, are useless.  I could sneeze from
50 ft away and they would fall out (fire safety).  I plan on literally nailing
them in.  I promise, there are more ways out of this house than any I have ever
seen.  Plus a fire sprinkler system thanks to B & B Sprinkler in Louisville.

Dixie has had a couple of terrifying (for me) walk abouts on the farm.  I am
very cautious about any other ones she may have planned.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion
and pity, you will have men who