  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:24 AM
  Subject: Re: Tomi is worse off than I thought

  Cassandra,
  I am so very saddened with all you have "dealt" with your precious babies.....
  And, I apologize [sincerely] for not sending you my condolences for your loss
of Kisa.  But, please know.she was in my prayers, along with all the other
babies, both w/ illness or passing...  It's just very difficult for me to see
to read all posts, and sit at PC.....Never-the-less, I try to either get on PC,
or have my room mate read me posts....
  And, please, don't blame yourself for spending most of your time/energy w/
Kisa & perhaps neglecting your Tomi....  I did the same exact thing when I
[suddenly] lost my Charity...... Blamed myself for "missing" something because,
in all truthfulness, my Puma has been my main concern since his diagnosis,
along w/ his age, 17+. And, I still look back "wondering" if Charity was
showing some [any] signs that I over-looked...   I think, maybe, I'm finally
coming to the point that she wasn't showing symptoms, and she passed, just like
Black Bart, due to FIP.  Bart was her constant companion while she was still an
outdoor feral.... And, when he got very ill, she came to me to her [our]
boy.But Bart was so ill.many symptoms, & when I did confine him, prior to
getting him to vet,well, he was eating, drinking - even loving!  But, just like
Charity, suddenly, he gave up on food, became listless....but still showed
loving to me.... I'm just so relieved I was able to get him to vet in 2 days,
and, when the exam was done, a likely diagnosis given, the way he looked at me
w/ those big, beautiful eyes, I KNEW HE WAS THANKING ME, AND ASO LETTING ME
KNOW. "TT'S OK MOM TO ASSIST W/ MY PARTING..." So, sadly I did have him PTS....
I'll never forget his eyes, they "say" so much...  And Charity became such a
love-muffin, but only w/ me.  She was doing so well, so when she went downhill
so very fast, I just couldn't believe it!!!  And, of course, I blamed myself
because I needed some/any explanation.... I guess because that feral girl stole
my heat & I gained her trust...
  And you're so right about the list members here - caring, compassionate & so
very knowlegable  They are always there for one another..
  And as far as other humans, all I am going to say is I prefer my babies, and
ALL critters way more than people,,,  A lot has to do w/ al I've seen them do
in all my years of rescue...
  Anyway, your husband sounds magnificent!!
  So, again know, your Tomi is [still] in my prayers.  And I'm so very sorry
about Kisa's passing.
  Hugs,
  Patti & her gang