Melissa,

I think you are right in keeping your young kitty away
from any FeLV + kitties.  They have not fully
developed their immune systems yet.

A lot of us here do not vaccinate our indoor only
cats.  I don't.  I've seen some scary vaccination
reactions on this site and another I belong to,
including cancer at the vaccination site and reactions
leading to downward spirals ending in death.  It's
really scary, so I feel my kitties are safer w/o
vaccinations.  If one does vaccinate, they should do
it in a place that can be removed if cancer develops,
like the back legs.  Avoid the neck area.

:)
Wendy

> rather not. But, if I ran a rescue where I had cats
> coming and going all the
> time, I definitely would vaccinate--more risk
> involved.

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Get your own web address.