Hi Kelley,
I am so sorry for what you are going through.  If it is FIP, maybe you have
a chronic FeCov shedder with a more easily mutating strain?  I know regular
old FeCov is gonna be present in any rescue, but if more than 5-10% of your
cats are getting FIP, maybe a nastier strain is the problem.  Not sure how
possible or practical it is to do the titer testing that Dr. Addie
recommends to identify chronic shedders when it's a rescue and funds and
space are limited.  Can you break up the group at your house into separate
foster homes?  (I know, easier said than done).  Don't know how much a
necropsy runs, maybe do at least one when someone passes with the most
common symptoms that you are seeing in the group?  The dehydration,
anorexia, and weight loss were all present in the kitten that I lost last
summer to suspected FIP, but there was also recurring high fever that became
unresponsive to antibiotics.  (She had the wet form, not dry).  Have any had
their A/G ratio run to help rule FIP in or out?
It may not be FIP at all, maybe it is a horrible coincidence that they got
sick from different things at the same time.  Who knows what kinds of
care and feeding these guys have ever had in their pasts.  Hugs and strength
to you for helping those most in need.

Beth