In a message dated 6/28/07 2:49:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

When a  vet says a cat is positive for FIP he is wrong, he may be positive
and with  high titers for the corona viruses that are suspected to cause FIP
but
that  doesn't in most cases mean he has FIP.

THANK YOU, BELINDA!!!!
MY FEELINGS EXACTLY!!!!!
(And, I strongly believe w/ all my heart, that my Puma  does not have
FIP......... ) Also, I believe he  does have high titers for corona.....  He!!,
rescued him  from a nasty [putting it mildly ] high kill shelter!!!!  And, the
poor 'ole boy didn't even stand a chance!!!  He was  immediately put on "Death
Row" - only because of  his seniority!!!!!  GRRRR.....  I'm just so happy I
had  "connections" with the rescue community!!!!! [Just wish I still could be
able to  "save" more like my boy.  I have nightmares about all the poor babies
that  face that horrific dilemma......]
The toxo diagnosis I do believe.  And, he recovered 101%.  But  when I
"questioned" my vet on the FIP, well, let's just say, deep down, he  knew I was
right about the only accurate diagnosis is  thru necropsy!!!!
Oh, and MC, I am with you.......
So [too] much misinformation floating around........ And,  I too am at that
point - Seems like people want to  believe all that garbage.................
(At a point, even me.... Having had an  FIP epidemic w/ my fosters! )
Much thanks & hugs,
Patti & her gang [INCLUDING PUMA!!!!  A "MIRACULOUS  RECOVERY" Wasn't aware
that FIP could last this long - on a  very, very senior boy!!!  Now I can stop
kicking myself in  a$$}