Mary Christine that is so true about cycles in the shelters.We seem to lose
alot in April and June.Sounds wierd but it was like that last year and this
year at Sids.

MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  it actually isn't, unless it
continues. anyone who works with large numbers of cats know that sometimes it
goes in cycles--you can go months without losing any but the obvious
candidates, then suddenly seem to hit a patch of whatever, and suddenly lose a
number. it's how it balances out that matters.

plus, with rescue animals, coming through a public shelter, in a part of the
country that has extremes in temperature, amounts of moisture, and no real
seasons to kill off parasites, etc., until cats start coming into these
shelters with a full copy of both their genetic profiles and their medical
histories, it's impossible to know what predispositions they are bringing with
them, and what hidden conditions.

yeah, just my opinion, but based upon working with a population of 600+ cats.

MC

  On 6/28/07, Susan Dubose < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  As far as shelter
rescue work, 4 cats in such a short timeframe is not a
normal rate of death.

It is exceesively high.

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com