To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:09 PM
Subject: Ki is an Angel

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I let you know
Ki left this world at 10 this AM.

It was sooo hard for me.  I noticed last night that
his belly looked really full.  The way he was
breathing was weird also.  You could see his head and
chest moving.  His eyes had brightened up though, and
the fever had gotten better, but it kept spiking.  He
even ate a few pieces of food by himself.

The vet drained his belly, and it was thick straw
colored with fibrin strands...heavy protein.  My
biggest fear was that he would crash tomorrow when I
couldn't get to a vet, and he would have a horrible
death.

Maybe the move stressed him, or maybe I should have
never put him in with most of the cats.  I dunno...I
could go crazy asking "what if's"  I guess I believed
he would be one of the lucky ones.  He came from a
horrible home...many FeLV cats and death.  His
siblings and mother were neg and I was sure he would
beat it.  It was only a faint pos.  He had a fever
like this last Nov, but recovered,

I am so grateful for the time I had with him.  He came
to me the week before my beloved Smokey died.  I
didn't even know he was pos. but we kept him in the
bedroom, and played with him, and loved and slept with
him.  He was a pistol, and rough to play with!  I hope
he doesn't forget us, and the time will come when we
can all be together forever.

May the Lord bless you sweet one, and keep you in his
care until we meet again.

Dede

"When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God"
                  Mosiah 2:17