Great idea about the binder!

  Gina

Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        Monkee's HCT was 13% two weeks ago (when we first went to the Vet
because I knew something was wrong).  That was on a Tuesday.  They gave him .3
of Epogen and sent me home with a tiny bottle to give him sub-cu injections of
Epogen that Thurs, and Sat.  They increased his predisone (which was 5 mg- I
think?  the little, small pills), every other day, to one every day; his Vet
also added the appetite stimulant, 1/2 a pill twice a day.  We did the week of
Epogen, went back this Tues. and that is when his HCT count was 10% and his Vet
told us the options (marrow biopsy, transfusion, etc).  We did the blood
transfusion on Wed. and they said after it, his count was up to 15%.  The
instructions were to just continue the pred and the appetite stim.  Nothing was
said about the Interferon or Epogen and I was too out of it to ask because I
was so shocked by the bill from the transfusion (and all I could think was that
we can't afford another one).
  He was, what I call "Super Monkee" (it speaks for itself) on Wed., after the
transfusion.  But since then, he's gone down a little bit (not with eating
though); but he's defintely less Super Monkee, and he's less bright-eyed.  But
he is still sleeping better- actual sound sleeping, as opposed to the just
laying there and staring into space "sleeping."
  I have printed your emails and I filed them in "Monkee's Care Binder"- that I
have organized with ALL his information and it has dividers and everything.  I
am going to ask questions from the emails when a Vet ever calls me back!  But I
decided I need to bring some MAJOR organization to caring for Monkee if I want
to do this right, hence the binder!  I highly suggest this to anyone who isn't
already doing something similar.  I take The Monkee Binder with me everywhere.
  -Caroline