HIDEYO, MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS HOW COMMON IS IT FOR
THESE KITTENS BORN TO A FeLV+ QUEEN TO THROW OFF THE
VIRUS?  THERE WERE SIX KITTENS FROM THIS LITTER AND
ALL WERE ADOPTED BY LOVING PEOPLE WHO ARE WAITING AND
HOLDING ON TO THEIR KITTIES, HOPING THAT THEY WILL BE
ABLE TO FIGHT THIS DISEASE OFF. THEY WERE ADOPTED OUT
OF A RESCUE ORGANIZATION IN MONTANA THAT HAS SINCE
CHANGED IT'S POLICY...WHERE IT HAS NOW DECIDED TO TEST
ALL MOMMY CATS WITH LITTERS AS THE BABIES ARE TOO
YOUNG TO TEST SOMETIMES BEFORE BEING ADOPTED OUT...AT
LEAST IF THE MOMMY TESTS POSITIVE THE PEOPLE CAN BE
TOLD AND IF WILLING TO TAKE ON A POSITIVE KITTEN CAN
TEST AGAIN LATER. IT IS A TRICKY SITUATION NO MATTER
HOW YOU LOOK AT IT AS A MOMMY CAT COULD TEST A FALSE
POSITIVE...AND THIS COULD CONDEMN A WHOLE LITTER OF
KITTENS...THANKS TO YOU OR ANYONE OUT THERE
EXPERIENCED IN WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH HERE...GLENDA
IN NEBRASKA

felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>

> [...]
>   > kitten from her permanently
>   > and have not been able to find a foster, I have
> no
>   > room whatsoever myself,
>   > it's been a somewhat unfriendly situation of
> impasse
>   > in dealing with the
>   > ladies at work as they've wanted me to place
> them
>   > asap and me only having a
>   > sanctuary option available a little further down
> the
>   > road).  The kittens are
>   > approx. 4 months old and very social.
>   >
>   > We haven't been able to find homes or foster
> homes
>   > and the ladies who
>   > currently have them had given me until June 30
>   > find homes or fosters or
>   > they would have them euthanized.  They haven't
> done
>   > so yet but one is taking
>   > hers to a different (very large, over 700 cats)
>   > sanctuary this Sunday, which
>   > I am troubled by as this kitten is extremely
> social
>   > and has lived indoors
>   > since 5 weeks of age, though of course I
> appreciate
>   > the help of a reputable
>   > sanctuary.
>   >
>   > I don't have much time on the one kitten, but
> will
>   > continue to search for
>   > homes for the other 3; two of them have been
>   > together all this time and are
>   > very bonded, those are the two who initially
> were
>   > only FIV+ but retested
>   > positive for leukemia.  I know this is
> confusing,
>   > but basically, 4 FELV+
>   > kittens need homes, two need a home together.
> All
>   > have been tested twice
>   > but the 4th whom I do not have in my
>   > posession...it's been a difficult
>   > situation without going into it further on
> dynamics.
>   >   I am heavily involved
>   > with multiple colonies and have exhausted all of
> my
>   > rescue
>   > friends/resources as far as fosters or homes go
> for
>   > the many kitties I am
>   > trying to help, including these guys who are
>   > difficult to place as FELV+.
>   >
>   > If anyone knows persons who might be interested
> in
>   > adopting one or two FELV+
>   > kittens from Tampa, Florida, please pass this
> along.
>   >
>   > Thank you all for loving FELV+ Kitties!
>   > --
>   > Heather
>   >

> for the edge of your seat?
>   Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/