Basil has an excellent chance of throwing off the virus IF he picked it up from
your kitten.  The problem is that if you only tested him once as a kitten he
could have been positive all along.  Either way, the fact that he's 4 years old
means that he has a good chance of living a long life even with the virus.

  tonya

Malone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                I read all the posts, so I can learn how to deal with this
virus. I lost my kitten at 9 months, and apparently even though he was
vaccinated my 4 year old has tested positive for felv. He was diagnosed 4
months ago and shows no sign of illness. My vet had recommended putting him
down. I just couldn’t lose both my boys in one day. I am so thankful I didn’t
because Basil is fine. My question is about the ability to fight off the
virus—does this really happen? Has anyone on this list actually had a felv+ cat
that kicked the virus? What should I expect and what should I be doing to help
keep him healthy? I tried to separate my felv+ boy and felv- girl, but they
howled and cried something fierce. They have been together since they were
kittens. I let them mix, and she is still negative. I read the information
about blood tests, and I get confused. Basil’s blood work seems normal, other
than the fact that he tested positive. Thank you.