  From: Malone<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org<mailto:felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
  Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:48 AM
  Subject: Re: I need information please (catatonya)

  Thank you for the advice. I know he got it from the kitten. He had two tests
both negative when he came in the home. He was tested when I picked him up from
the humane society and then he was retested when Teaser was retested. They both
had two tests before 1 year of age and that was when I vaccinated them for the
first time. Basil had 2 other boosters. Teaser is a year older and she had been
vaccinated 3 times. When my baby boy died both Basil and Teaser were retested.
She is still negative but Basil was positive. My vet then said there was no
reason to wait he would be like the kitten in a matter of weeks. He also felt
if I kept him I would infect Teaser. I don't think he is a bad vet, but hasn't
really dealt with felv much. He is really a vet for most of the ranches in the
area. I have an opportunity to share what I learn here with him. That is a
blessing. But now I have to wonder if he shouldn't be retested, something my
vet said would only cause me more heartache. If I take him to another vet and
get a different result that would prove that this virus could be fought off. I
just didn't want to get my hopes up too high. That is why I was wondering if
anyone here had a cat that was positive end up negative.

  Thank you to you, Hideyo, and Susan for the advice and assistance.