Hmm long version or short version. I see no way to tell his story as a short

Ok first of all March 2006 I adopted two cats same day one from a shelter
and the other from someone I work with. I had lost my soulmate kitty the
week before from bone cancer. I cried again today for all the kitties lost
last year.

Lionel was the shelter cat unneutered male, with a bite wound from a fight
with a raccoon, so I was told. This was animal control he had been there a
month. Second was a kitten about 4 months old I would guess. Both cats were
orange tabbies, one of my favorite color cats. Both got neutered the next
day at a low cost clinic. Just rabies shots were given. Lionel had had some
shots but I was not sure which ones.

I noticed after getting Lionel back from the clinic he has a broken leg. It
was an old break and had healed but worried me. It did not seem to bother
him but the wound on his leg did. It just would not heal. I tried getting
him to the vet, but my vet was down by two vets and unable to see clients on
short notice. I gave up treated the wound myself and it finally healed in
about a month. So then he would have had it two months. He also had runny
eye which with a good diet cleared up. Pumpkin seemed fine.

April 2006 Junior is hit by a car. I found him hiding took him to the only
vet I could get in to see. They were wonderful, but expensive. Of course the
first thing she did was test him for FeLV and FIV, both negative. He was
there a week she managed to get his jaw back in place and stitched his
palette back together. He came home would not eat or drink. i took him back
the following Monday. They gave him fluids and kept him for the day. He also
had damaged his eye and wound up with no sight in it.

OK about a month later, soory my timetable is hazy. Tiny got sick with a bad
URI. Coughed so hard he fell over. HE went into the same vet got on
antibiotics and got better. Pumpkin Lionel both had symtoms of the URI.
Neither were bad enough to take in  to see the vet. I am guessing this URI
was accompanied my the FELV virus as these are the cats who were later to be
identified as infected. By AUgust, junior was just not feeling good and had
the 'cold' as well. I took him in knowing he was still healing. He was put
on Amoxilcillin. It was not working so I took im back thye found heinm to be
anemic figured it might be hemobartella as he had a tiny bot of flea dirt.
He has been inside since he was hit, so had to picked up the flea from
another cat. The Baytril made him feel much better, but Pumpkin was puny. I
gave Pumkin Juniors axoxicillin. He slept most of the time. Realize I am
paniced about Junior because of the car accident. I did not see Pumpkin was
not eating or drinking. He would pretend to do so.

Pumkin got worse, and I was able to get him into my old vet. The vet said he
was anemic and jaundiced.I am on a very fast learning curve here. I have
gone years without a sick cat. The vet said bring him back the following
Monday if he was not better. He really looked bad. He went back on Monday he
had not really eaten and I could not get him to eat. They kept him put him
on Iv and baytril by IV. I saw him the next day. The vet was guarded but he
looked like his old self. Loved me purred. The next day I went to see him
like 12 hours later. He was half dead. He crashed during the night had
seizures and was lifeless did not know I was there. I decided the humane
thing was pts. I cried the vet tech cried. It was all so sad. He was not
even a year old.

I decided even though Junior is not acting ill to take him back into his
vet . He was acting sick but had a fever of 106.5. They gave him subQ fluids
and called me later to run the Felv test again. My heart sunk, I knew
somehow it would be positive and so it was, They did not suggest euthanizing
until later, Because he kept getting fevers. They said it was from the FELV.

I had to get 9 more cat tested and vaccinated. Two more were positive Tiny
(faint pos) and Lionel for FELV and FIV. I believe based on his history he
was FIv when I got him I think he became FELV after he came to live here.
Unfortunately I decided to have lionel pts. He had also been sick and most
likely had Uveitis. I regret this decision now, but I am sure he would not
have made it very long. I like to think I saved him suffering.

Tiny was asymptomatic. I found this group learned of Immunoregulin and both
Tiny and junior got it based on the first protocol. I definitely think it
helped junior with the anemia and his gingivitis. Tiny never had symptoms.

Junior got the dreaded URI and Uveitis in both eyes. Both took a long time
to heal and he felt like crap. I was not real hopeful. He got over both but
the uveitis took it's toll and for a short time he was blind in both eyes.
He left eye is now fixed a dilated, but he can see out of it the right eye
has glaucoma which we treated, but it never improved. It causes pain.

Tiny dies Christmas day. Never really showing symptoms( he could have been
hiding them). The only day I felt like he did not feel well was Christmas
day. He was in the meatloaf position so I kept him by my side watched TV. He
seemed better. I heard a commotion. He was doing the spastic cough again.  I
went to move him saw he was turning blue. I have Oxygen in the house I went
to get it the tank was empty. Before I could get teh second tank to him he
was gone. I would say less than a minute passed. I am told this was a
symptom of a blood clot. So I cannot say for sure his FeLV status had
anything to do with his death.  I buried him in the pouring rain on
Christmas day.

Ok so now I am real worried for Junior. I ordered Transfer Factor Plus for
him and give it daily. I have alsogiven him other supplement but for now he
is on a different Transfer Factor and powdered accemannan. He still has
swollen Lymph nodes which we had aspirate an was only indicative of fighting
infection. He got  a month of Baytril and Probiotics.   He never felt great,
and the vet was concerned as I was about the eye with glaucoma. It is very
painful. She told me to read up on Metacam. Yes it is contriversial, but it
has geievn him a better quality of life. He is a different cat with it. I
tried to take him off and he started feeling bad again.

This is where I am now. I would have to pull the bills out (now that is
painful too) to see when he was tested but I think it was in September. My
guess is he had it when he was hit with the anemia. So it has almost been a
year for him. He turned five this year. I also do the monthly subQ injection
of the IR.

I LOVE MY JUNIOR. you can see his pic on my webpage look for Junior funny
ears picture.

I still have 10 cats and they do mix. They were all very exposed to the
virus as all are very social.

In my panic mode I had to get

On 7/27/07, Jane Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sally
> I am always hoping to find someone who has a symptomatic cat who is
> doing well.
> How old is Junior? Please tell me a bit about him and how he has made
> such good progress.
> Thanks
> Jane
> --
> Sally, Eric (not a cat),Junior, Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty,
> Little Black, Lily, Daisy, Silver, and  Spike  Visit my BB for some pictures
> post your as well.
> http://www.k6az.com/ki4spk/index.php?sid=c57c00cf5804ef13853ed6e77a68eed3

Reply via email to