Thanks Caroline!

Yes, my vet advised that taking him off of it would be dangerous-I'd hate to
put him through the pain again.

As for feeding separately-your mom is quite the trooper! My problem is that
the cats are so used to free feeding, that if I only feed them at certain
times, then they gobble, gobble, gobble and inevitably vomit from their
haste and excitement-especially Bandit, the one who needs the CD. He is
constantly worried about food-we rescued him as a starving kitten with a
broken leg, maggots, etc., and possibly he still retains memories/fears of
starvation-so if he can see the bottom of the food dish, he becomes very
upset!

Another problem, Angel won't eat in front of us or when commanded or when
the other cats eat. I think she eats in the middle of the night. She thinks
that being part of the crowd is beneath her. When they all frantically run
when they hear the food being dolled out, she just lays there looking demure
and amused with their antics. So, feeding her with the others (apart from
the C/D cat) would be impossible too!

I suppose with enough dedication and training, I could figure something out,
but is the CD really that bad for the other cats? The vet doesn't think so,
but I know that the rest of you might have better options.

Melissa

  _____