  From: Jane Lyons
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 8:50 AM
  Subject: Re: 'the jacket'

  Hi Taylor and Marylyn
  I sent out photos to both of you.
  This is the link to the company. I bought the soft sided one.

  http://www.metpet.com/

  The concept is fabulous, the design and material (and color) could use some
work.

  She spends hours outside. I check on her often and although she caught a
chipmunk yesterday
   in her bright red nylon jacket, no less, she usually hides in tall grass, or
under shrubs , plotting.

  The retractable leash works well because she has 12 feet of  line and then a
large handle that
  does not fit under the fence. In the beginning she spent most of her time
finding escape routes
  and ways to get out of the jacket. Now when I get it to put it on her she
purrs, because it means
  she is going out. She has figured out how to navigate the yard without
getting caught or tangled
  too often.

  She is so used to it that she will often come in for a food or a litterbox
pitt stop, and take a snooze
  with it on.

  I know it is not possible for multiple cat households, but for a cat like
MeMe who was most likely an
  outdoor cat before we got her, the jacket has given her a degree of freedom
and stimulation that can
  only help, (I hope).

  Jane