what flea med did you use?  i would get to the vet.  I almost poisoned one of
my cats years ago with otc ear mite drops............

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi guys,

I put flea medication on my cat's back 2-3 weeks ago. We left for a short
vacation (4 days) and when we returned, she had this big sore on her back about
the size of a quarter. The hair and top layers of skin were gone, and it was
just raw skin, so I started spraying Bactine on it. After a few days of that, I
could tell it was infected, so I put her on antibiotics (Clavamox), and the
infection (pus) went away. I also started putting topical antibiotics on it.
But even after several days of this, it is still not scabbing over! I am fairly
sure it's a reaction to the flea meds, because my dog had the same reaction a
few weeks before, but Bactine worked great on her. Although, it could be a
spider bite or something else. Any ideas on what I can do for her now or what
might be causing it? What about liquid skin? Has anyone used the human formula
on their cats? I know it's not ringworm. I know what that looks like and it's
not this! I can send a
pic to anyone if you think you might be able to help by looking at the sore. I
don't want to wrap gauze around her b/c she will just tear it off. Thanks guys!

Thanks,
:)
Wendy

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/