Caroline -- I'm glad she's doing so well and seems to be so friendly.
Hope she checks out well at the vet!

Diane R.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline
Kaufmann
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:03 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Advice for Malnourished, Rescued cat

Thanks Susan.  My mom and I both work and I don't live with her, so we
do the best we can with feeding her.  She has already stopped eating
like a fiend and she will stop when she gets full.  The only way we have
gotten her to eat crunchies is by putting them in the bowl with the wet
food.  She will eat the wet food first and then later, snack on the
crunchies.  I started her on Wellness Kitten wet food last night (per
Tad's suggestion)-- I knew that- that it's high calorie!  It's just in
the heat of the moment, I guess you forget these things, so it's nice to
have people to remind you.  I also started her on Wellness dry crunchies
(she was just eating regular adult Wellness).

I am worried about her liver function, but I have her on Nutrical (since
Sunday), so hopefully, we have staved off a problem there, but I guess
we will find out.  We are taking her to a vet tomorrow.

She is still showing the third eyelid a lot, but the weepy eyes are much
improved and in fact, when I treated them with Terramycin last night, I
did not see any green discharge.

She has not thrown up at all, so she's definitely not gorging herself.
Last night, when my mom and I were visiting her, she drank water for the
first time in front of us and she drank A TON!

She is so much more perky too.  She seems so happy-- she purrs and
kneads all the time.  And a good sign- even if it makes my job a little
harder- when I go to treat her eyes or hold her, she's started squirming
and she even got away from me one time.  So clearly, she is getting her
strength back to some extent.  She's even broke into a little jog to go
see my mom when she came in the room (and she was NOT doing that when we
first brought her in).  She loves the a/c more than any cat I have seen
and she "watches" the TV that we leave on for her.

I put a "found cat" ad on Craigslist yesterday, but haven't heard
anything yet.  It will take me a while to get to the other websites to
list her.  The focus now is rehabilitating her.

Thanks for your insight!

Caroline