Well, now that she's getting her strength back...um, not so sweet!  No really, she's sweet as can be, but I had to treat her eyes last night and give her her first dose of Clavamox and like I said, she starting to get real squirmy and fight it a little.  After I treated her, she went and hid.  Then my mom and I went to visit her in the room later and she was laying, curled up in her crate (we had the crate door open so she had the whole room to roam around in!), but she'd chosen to go back in the crate and lay on her blanket and doze!  She didn't move when we came in the room either!  She was clearly "mad" at us for treating her.  My mom said later that night, she was still mad at my mom and being grumpy and just wanted to lay in her crate with the door open!  My mom says she acts like a cat who's never had "anything done to her"- i.e., regular treatment, but who knows?  My mom's cat Tally was like that too when we first brought her in- because of her flea dermatitis and open sores on her head, I had to give her Clavamox too and she was horrible for her treatment!  She still holds that against me.  Tally clearly belonged to someone because she had a flea collar on- which was making her whole dermatitis situation worse.  She was in such horrible shape and was clearly an outdoor/indoor cat that couldn't be outdoors because of her severe flea allergy, that my mom and I did make the decision that we didn't want to find her "owners" and she's be much better off with us (evident by the fact that her bald, scabby head cleared up a month later and regrew all it's beautiful white fur).  We want to find the owners of this cat if they want their cat back- that is definite.  We don't want to be one of those people like in the Katrina situation who ends up with a Katrina animal and finds the owners and doesn't give it back!

-Caroline

From: "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: RE: Update on Malnourished, Rescue cat
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:54:56 -0400

If this cat has been out there a long time, it is possible they no longer live there.  I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I’ve been through this for 2 years now—there are sooo many reasons why a cat was lost.  Nobody would ever dump a cat with a collar & tags!  Actually, it’s a pretty responsible thing to put collar and tags on a cat that goes outside—most people don’t cause cats are notorious for pulling them off.  If this is as sweet a cat as you describe him, somebody’s got to be missing him.  Call them-feel them out… bet you’ll be surprised!

Christiane Biagi

914-632-4672

Cell:  914-720-6888

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Katrina Animal Reunion Team (KART)

www.findkpets.org

Join Us & Help Reunite Katrina-displaced Families with their Animals