I think that a sprinkler system for granite counter tops is a very fair trade. Besides, think of all those wine glasses you won't break!

"Consciousness is Causal
 and Physicality is its
 Manifestation."

On Aug 11, 2007, at 7:15 PM, Marylyn wrote:

What is the paint situation??????? I have never heard of this but, if I put out buildings up, it may be useful. I am very lucky here. The fire chief is a friend and able to tell me what size water line I had to put in etc. Don't even ask what it cost but it was well worth it. Please know I am 1/2 mile off the road and we won't go any further than that. I really hope people will explore their options. I traded granite counter tops and /////////////// well you get the idea for safety and security items.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis
----- Original Message -----
From: Kelly L
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: Fire update

At 02:18 PM 8/11/2007, you wrote:

I live in an area with a well that will not support a sprinkler system so I use intumescent paint ,,,expensive but gives a bit of peace of mind,,Fire is always my big fear, fortunately all my cats have access to the outdoors, enclosure,,,but I live with that fear and so every fire protection thing I can do
Kelly

A thought to those who are building or remodeling: fire suppression sprinkler systems are available for very reasonable prices. Check it out. And don't be put off by jerks in the business . I have had approximately 6000 square feet (basement, house, garage and partial attic) done for well under $9000 and they traveled appx 120 miles one way to install and maintain the system. B and B out of Louisville Ky did my home and I got an equal or better quote from Bullitt. B & B was able to do the ceiling/glycol system that included the garage (important for animals) and it is a property saving system (more head and not dependent on people/animals getting out of the structure). However, one jerk quoted me a system that, according to him, was the only one that met state requirements, cost appx $40,000.00. Several fire chiefs/assistant fire chiefs used B & B and are extremely pleased with the coverage.......and so are the insurance companies. All of this is to say, check it out. And check it out with more than one company if you get someone who is being a total jerk. It really may fit in your budget. It certainly makes me sleep a lot easier. The volunteer fire department here is totally wonderful and I support it 110 per cent but there is only so much you can do in a rural area. These systems are becoming more common in metro areas too. Mine is a new build and I could not bare the though of leaving my little ones here alone without protection I could provide. Take what you can use and leave the rest.

As for the missing little ones, please try to calm yourself and send out wonderful, strong beams of light to them so them know where to come and be with you. They are confused as are you. And blessings to you and all of them.