Well done, Caroline. You and your mother must be both saddened and relieved at once. I'm sure you will miss her, but knowing that she is going home to a place where she is loved is a consolation.

For 2 to 3 cat households, jackets are a great way to allow cats outdoors to roam around with relative safety. It really has changed all our lives. MeMe can spend hours on end hunting bugs or watching the bird bath and I no longer have the guilt of keeping her in, or the anxiety of worrying about where she is. She goes in and out a dozen times a day. I've begun putting her coat on in the morning and taking it off at night.

On Aug 22, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:

No, I don't think they have the animal cruelty issue like we do. You have to remember that England's version of police officers don't even carry guns!!! Because they so rarely have any violent crime! An animal cruelty is a violent crime.

I have always taken all my cats out on leashes, and now, harnesses. And I moved to the house I live in now a year ago, pretty much for Monkee. So that he could have a front, screened in and enclosed porch...which he worshiped. I moved there last August, not knowing that it would be the last year of his life, and that come Aug. 2007, he'd be gone. But I know for a fact that last year of his life was his happiest because he LOVED that porch more than anything! I hope to eventually always have a similar (but bigger) screened and enclosed porch for all the kitties I will someday have. They get the best of both worlds that way!

-Caroline

From: "Susan Dubose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: Success with Rescue Cat
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:58:49 -0500

Yes, and for some reason, I am thinking that they do not have the "animal cruelty" problem there that we have here.

I could be wrong.

My cats actually seem "healthier" since they have access to the fresh air.

No matter what the weather is like, they are out there.

At night, of course, they have to sleep on top of me.

Ever guarding the food source............:)

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
www.shadowcats.net