Caroline, thanks for this update. I seem to find lost cats and dogs more than
the normal person (but much like others here!) and I always check them out (I
am a lawyer, too....maybe it's our training) before returning them. I have not
returned them all. I love it when the cat or dog joyously greets their "owner".
I will never forget one time that was not like that and I am still haunted. I
won't give details other than I picked up a dog, called the number on the tag
and took the dog home without first doing any checking. I goofed. I can only
hope he ran away again and the new finder was not so quick to return him.
My best
Laurie