Subject: Michael Vick Pleads Guilty/ASPCA President Invites Letters of Thanks

            Dear ASPCA Members and Supporters:
            With Michael Vick today appearing in federal court to file his plea
in the federal dog fighting case that has been pending since July, I wanted to
let you know directly that today we revealed our role in the federal
investigation: ASPCA Forensic Veterinarian, Dr. Melinda Merck, participated in
the excavation of the graves, and examination of the remains.
            It has been an honor for the ASPCA to assist federal authorities in
this case. We are also extremely proud to be working with the National Football
League to raise public awareness of the humane treatment of animals. The NFL
took strong, swift and decisive action against Michael Vick on Friday by
suspending him indefinitely without pay.

            Please join the ASPCA in sending a message of support to NFL
Commissioner Roger Goodell, as well as the U.S. Attorney's Office and the
Office of the Inspector General, USDA, letting them know that their efforts are
not going unnoticed.
            We continue to assist this case by leading a team of animal
behavior experts in evaluating the dogs seized from Vick's property earlier
this year. Please visit www.aspca.org/cruelty often for updates.
            Thank you very much for your support of the ASPCA-it is that which
enables us to pursue our 141-year old mission, which is as crucial today as
when we were founded all those years ago-to provide effective means for the
prevention of cruelty to animals. Every day, we come one step closer to being a
humane community. We could not do it without you.

            Ed Sayres
            President and CEO

      Click here to unsubscribe or change your email preferences.

    Victoria Paredes-Orton
    Animal Instinct
    P.O. Box 1757
    Santa Teresa, NM  88008
    (915) 383-5087

    Finally an opportunity to choose your family!

    Got a little couch potato?

  Victoria

  "...If the beasts were gone we would die from a great loneliness of spirit."
  Chief Seattle

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.petgirlspetsitting.com
www.tx.siameserescue.org
www.shadowcats.net

                       " A kitten is more amusing than half the people one
                      is obligated to be with."
                                  Lady Sidney Morgan

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.