  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:44 PM
  Subject: Re: Megan, be careful...

  My cat crackers had contracted the FELV POS from a stray beautiful girl
"Pokemon". Long story short Pokemon was a gorgeous black and white long hair
beauty who walked into our lifes at park. I was dense and didn't know anything
about FELV or FIV in cats. My son and niece fell in love and I brought her home
and brought her right in the house. She was so lovable , beautiful, had extra
toes on all her paws. Well 10 months later she was sick and I rush her to the
Emergency Animal Hospital in Philly. I knew NOTHING at all about anything. They
wanted $1,300 to admit her and said her stay in ICU would be between
$6,000-$7,000. I was in shock. They wouldn't tell me what was wrong and even if
they would I was so naive. Finally after struggling with Demons inside, they
told me she had lyphomia and would prob not make it. And that she probally had
FELV or FIV, and I should test my other cat, Crackers. I wish I had been aware
of these diseases because I would have said do the 5 minute test and see. That
was such a rotten time in my life. I ended up putting Pokemon down. My last
memory was of her breathing sweetly and sleeping in an oxygen incubator. I pet
her and told her I loved her. The next week I took Crackers and he was Positive
and his vet told me"put him down , he prob wont make it another month." That I
WAS NOT going to hear. I with the help of this wonderful group got a new Vet.
That was 1 yr ago. He will go for his 6 month check up in 2 weeks. He has been
so healthy, happy and loved this last year. This is your personal battle I
think we all would do something a little different. Me I look at quality of
life, but would spend every penny I had to make Crackers well, free of pain.
Then again he is stretched out on my diner room table next to me. SPOLIED LOL!
LOL. He is 6 years old and considered my son. I would sell my blood to help
him. But I also would not make him suffer for my satisfaction! Good luck and my
your heart guilde you and your sweet baby Megan.
  Kayte
  P.s. Sorry so long.