From: "Susan Dubose" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: This is pretty interesting

Yes, I read the article,and their biggest reason was the cost.

It's irresponsible to not test a cat prior to adoption, if nothing else, you
will know it was neg/ neg @ the time of testing,can be retested later.

So,if you are adopting out cats and charging a fee, what exactly would the
fee cover, besides surgery,(if even that?).

Do you (not YOU Kelly) just say, "Well,folks, here is your kitty, it may or
may not have felv or fiv.
We wouldn't know because we don't test for that here.
Feel free to have your new cat tested though.
Oh, and if it comes up positive you can talk to your vet about options?"

I know when I helped w/ the Bexar county SPCA rescue, they only tested for
felv, not fiv, to save money.

Their reason was that they did not see very much fiv.

That doesn't bother me.

Not testing for felv bothers me.

Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com