  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:14 PM
  Subject: RE: OT: Kitten Question

  I am not sure about their worming schedule at this point- I took them in from
another volunteer/rescuer b/c she was overloaded and they weren't getting
proper care, so she has their records.  All were given Advantage before they
came to me.  I'm pretty sure they got a deworming tho, b/c I know they give
dewormer to kittens even smaller than these and I doubt the other volunteer
would have had them in her house with her other cats w/o first deworming.
Plus, I look for worms all the time and have never seen any.
  Do I need to take them to a vet?
  Thanks,
  Caroline

  > Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:05:35 -0500
  > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  > Subject: Re: OT: Kitten Question
  >
  > It could be coccidia or giardia. Both are very common in kittens.
  > Coccidia is treated with albon, giardia with flagyl.
  >
  > It could be worms, but I'm thinking you wormed them already.
  >
  > On 9/25/07, Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > > I am down to three foster kittens now as one was integrated to the on-site
  > > adoption facility (the pet supply store) on Saturday. He was bigger and
  > > totally healthy and getting to be too much for me because he was the
  > > instigator and a bad influence on the other ones. He was a B/W little
  > > Kittler, so it figures!
  > > Of the three I have now, they seem to be having a touch of diarrhea? And I
  > > don't know what the cause is? I'm not doing anything different with them.
  > > They all get fed Wellness Wet Kitten food and Eagle Pack Holistic dry
  > > kitten. Each gets about a half of the small can of Wellness in the a.m.,
  > > and the same in the evening. When I leave for work, after they have eaten
  > > the Wet food, they get the Eagle Dry- kind of free choice because they
stay
  > > in crates when I am not home, so I like to leave them with some food. They
  > > are all drinking water fine, except for when they tip their waters over,
but
  > > I don't think they go too long before I am able to get home and refill
them
  > > and it doesn't happen every day (I just ordered "coop cups" from Revival,
so
  > > these should solve that problem).
  > > On their wet food in the am I sprinkle L-Lysine free form powder and
  > > Brewer's yeast (and have been doing this for weeks now). In the pm, I do
  > > the same, but add a sprinkled on gel cap of Colostrum- about 290 mgs each.
  > > I just placed an order for "Just Born with Colostrum" and will be
switching
  > > them to that when I get it.
  > > I think, but am not for sure, that they are June babies and I don't know
if
  > > they are from the same litter- 2 might be, but I don't know for sure. The
  > > smallest now weighs 2.8 (and I should not that this is the only one that
  > > hasn't been fixed yet because it weighed too little, but now with me,
it's a
  > > little eating and growing machine!). The biggest- Yoda- the first one I
  > > took in that I thought might die (weighed 2.4 lbs and they had him on the
  > > floor for adoption!?! with a raging URI!), anyway, he now weighs 3.6 lbs
and
  > > I've had him since Labor Day Weekend!!!! He's a growing monster.
  > >
  > > So they all have healthy appetites and they are all gaining weight and
  > > getting noticeably bigger. They run and play like maniacs (they have so
  > > MUCH energy! My mom tells me to stop pumping them full of vitamins and
> [...]

  Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It’s our way of saying
thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!