I think the antibiotics could still be causing some problems in the system
causing diarrhea.  I have a cat who's still having problems and has been off
the antibiotics for 2 weeks.  Also, you might try mixing some canned pumpkin
(not pumpkin pie) to the wet food.  Pumpkin seems to help with diarrhea as well
as constipation.  Don't ask me why!

Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I am down to three foster kittens
now as one was integrated to the on-site adoption facility (the pet supply
store) on Saturday.  He was bigger and totally healthy and getting to be too
much for me because he was the instigator and a bad influence on the other
ones.  He was a  B/W little Kittler, so it figures!
Of the three I have now, they seem to be having a touch of diarrhea?  And I
don't know what the cause is?  I'm not doing anything different with them.
They all get fed Wellness Wet Kitten food and Eagle Pack Holistic dry kitten.
Each gets about a half of the small can of Wellness in the a.m., and the same
in the evening.  When I leave for work, after they have eaten the Wet food,
they get the Eagle Dry- kind of free choice because they stay in crates when I
am not home, so I like to leave them with some food.  They are all drinking
water fine, except for when they tip their waters over, but I don't think they
go too long before I am able to get home and refill them and it doesn't happen
every day (I just ordered "coop cups" from Revival, so these should solve that
problem).
On their wet food in the am I sprinkle L-Lysine free form powder and Brewer's
yeast (and have been doing this for weeks now).  In the pm, I do the same, but
add a sprinkled on gel cap of Colostrum- about 290 mgs each.  I just placed an
order for "Just Born with Colostrum" and will be switching them to that when I
get it.
I think, but am not for sure, that they are June babies and I don't know if
they are from the same litter- 2 might be, but I don't know for sure.  The
smallest now weighs 2.8 (and I should not that this is the only one that hasn't
been fixed yet because it weighed too little, but now with me, it's a little
eating and growing machine!).  The biggest- Yoda- the first one I took in that
I thought might die (weighed 2.4 lbs and they had him on the floor for
adoption!?! with a raging URI!), anyway, he now weighs 3.6 lbs and I've had him
since Labor Day Weekend!!!!  He's a growing monster.

So they all have healthy appetites and they are all gaining weight and getting
noticeably bigger.  They run and play like maniacs (they have so MUCH energy!
My mom tells me to stop pumping them full of vitamins and supplements!) when I
let them out of their crates twice a day for play-time.  They are all well
now-- it took 2 weeks to 14 days to bust those URI's out of them, but I finally
did it.  I stopped the Amoxicillin well over a week ago, so it can't be that
causing the diarrhea?  But now they seem to be having soft stools, if not
actual diarrhea.  Yoda seems to be having the diarrhea more (I can tell with
him because he has a crate to himself and the other two share one).  My first
foster cat- which I guess I am keeping (!), she's 1 now and no longer a
"kitten" but a big, healthy mature cat-- she gets the same protocol of
supplements, except she gets fed 1/4 can of regular adult Wellness in the am
and pm and free choice Wellness Dry Core.  She mingles with the
 kittens now during "play-time" and she is not having any diarrhea.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a possible cause of diarrhea and what I can
do about it?

I'd appreciate some help!  I haven't had kittens since I was 10, so I just
don't know much about them...
-Caroline

  Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It’s our way of saying
thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!