Probiotics!  That's what I couldn't think of.  It's late!

Kat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Caroline,

They may still be reacting to the antibiotics/amoxi. It tends to wipe out
the good gut bacteria with the baddies. Try adding some probiotics to
their food, or maybe try some plain yogurt with live cultures to help
rebuild the good gut bacteria.

Kat (Mew Jersey)

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Caroline Kaufmann wrote:

> [...]
> totally healthy and getting to be too much for me because he was the
> instigator and a bad influence on the other ones. He was a B/W little
> Kittler, so it figures!
> Of the three I have now, they seem to be having a touch of diarrhea? And I
> don't know what the cause is? I'm not doing anything different with them.
> They all get fed Wellness Wet Kitten food and Eagle Pack Holistic dry kitten.
> Each gets about a half of the small can of Wellness in the a.m., and the same
> in the evening. When I leave for work, after they have eaten the Wet food,
> they get the Eagle Dry- kind of free choice because they stay in crates when
> I am not home, so I like to leave them with some food. They are all drinking
> water fine, except for when they tip their waters over, but I don't think
> they go too long before I am able to get home and refill them and it doesn't
> happen every day (I just ordered "coop cups" from Revival, so these should
> solve that problem).
> On their wet food in the am I sprinkle L-Lysine free form powder and Brewer's
> yeast (and have been doing this for weeks now). In the pm, I do the same, but
> add a sprinkled on gel cap of Colostrum- about 290 mgs each. I just placed an
> order for "Just Born with Colostrum" and will be switching them to that when
> I get it.
> I think, but am not for sure, that they are June babies and I don't know if
> they are from the same litter- 2 might be, but I don't know for sure. The
> smallest now weighs 2.8 (and I should not that this is the only one that
> hasn't been fixed yet because it weighed too little, but now with me, it's a
> little eating and growing machine!). The biggest- Yoda- the first one I took
> in that I thought might die (weighed 2.4 lbs and they had him on the floor
> for adoption!?! with a raging URI!), anyway, he now weighs 3.6 lbs and I've
> had him since Labor Day Weekend!!!! He's a growing monster.
>
> So they all have healthy appetites and they are all gaining weight and
> getting noticeably bigger. They run and play like maniacs (they have so MUCH
> energy! My mom tells me to stop pumping them full of vitamins and
> supplements!) when I let them out of their crates twice a day for play-time.
> They are all well now-- it took 2 weeks to 14 days to bust those URI's out of
> them, but I finally did it. I stopped the Amoxicillin well over a week ago,
> so it can't be that causing the diarrhea? But now they seem to be having soft
> stools, if not actual diarrhea. Yoda seems to be having the diarrhea more (I
> can tell with him because he has a crate to himself and the other two share
> one). My first foster cat- which I guess I am keeping (!), she's 1 now and no
> longer a "kitten" but a big, healthy mature cat-- she gets the same protocol
> of supplements, except she gets fed 1/4 can of regular adult Wellness in the
> am and pm and free choice Wellness Dry Core. She mingles with the kittens now
 during "play-time" and she is not having any diarrhea.