Of course it isn't a job. It's an online mailing list intended for sharing of
information and support. In no way whatsoever is it like a job. If it feels
like one, something is wrong. Really, being on this list and responding to
people should not take up that much time, unless you let it. If you DO spend a
lot of time helping people, then that shows what a good, caring person you
are. But in no way is anyone obligated to spend hours responding to every
single question. No one is really obligated to do anything on here, but people
do because they care.

Because this is an online list, it's really, really easy to ignore people.
It's also very, very easy to speak your mind. Internet drama is so easy to
spark up.
I've seen it many a time before. The point is, yes, things said on here can
get people pissed off or upset. And I understand, it's not fun doing all that
hard work out in the real world and then coming home to see all of this
animosity in your mailbox. It can be exhausting. If it truly is a "toxic"
environment, then leaving would probably be a good idea. It would just be a
damn shame to lose people simply because everyone can't get along. It just
seems like if everyone is really so concerned about all the kitties out there
in the world, they would stay on this list just to possibly save a few more of
them, even if those kitties belong to people you don't agree with.

-Megan