>>>It just
seems like if everyone is really so concerned about all the kitties out
there
in the world, they would stay on this list just to possibly save a few
more of
them, even if those kitties belong to people you don't agree with. <<<

It's important to stress that people did not leave because of others
"not agreeing" with them. They left as a result of quite unwarranted
personal attack, that began with just one person, then spread like a
contagion.
As one of these remarkable people-- and, remember they themselves were
usually in the same desperate situation of doing everything they could
to save their very sick pets -- said, just by mere dint of the fact that
this is a feline leukemia list, people on the list are
vulnerable---they're scared for their dying animals. To be insensitive
to that fact, and disrespectful to one's co-members, is plain
unacceptable. Free speech or not.
It costs nothing to engage brain before tapping keyboard and hitting
send.
A practical and important point: every email sent to the list, the Qs
and the As, is archived. Since most of the questions asked on the list
have already been asked and patiently answered over and over again --
remember, the people who left the list were among the kindest and most
supportive and responsive people imaginable, acutely aware of the
vulnerability and desperation of new members with newly diagnosed FeLV
cats -- the archive is a truly invaluable resource. I would strongly
encourage all new members to check out the archives.
If anyone would like me to give them some of the names of highly
experienced and well-informed former listmembers to look out for in the
archives in order to narrow down the material, please email me off list
and I'll be happy to oblige.
Kerry M.