I got the results of Yoda's fecal back and it's totally negative- even the
flotation.  Now I don't know what to do and I pretty much told the Doctor that
("what do I do!?").  He doesn't seem to think it's from the antibiotic.  Yoda
was the first started on it at Labor Day and he was on it 10 days, so he's been
off it a long time.  I was also surprised that none of the kittens had diarrhea
while actually on Amoxy (Monkee always got soft stools when on Clavamox).
Anyway, he said it could be a virus of some kind, but it's definitely not
bacterial or parasites.  He asked about their exposure- which is basically
nill, so he was fine with that.  He said it could still be giardia because that
doesn't show up in a fecal-- that they need the sample immediately because
giardia is "like bubbles" and you can see them really clearly under a
microscope if you get the sample immediately-- pretty much from butt to
microscope (that's what he said- not me)-- but within a few seconds, they start
to burst I guess and then you can't see them.  This is how he described it.  I
told him the diarrhea smells HORRIBLE and he said "hmmmm..."  He wanted to know
when it started and I guessed about Monday.  He said that is not too much time
so he isn't worried yet.  He said to try giving them all Liquid Immodium AD-
1/4 teaspoon and see if that helps.  If not, we will try some other things (I
guess looking for giardia).

I'm going to give it this weekend I guess.  I have two thoughs: #1) it's a
random virus that they could have picked up when we went to Sat. cat adoption
day.  Although I kept all mine in a separate pen and they did not meet any of
the condo cats at the store, they were in the same general area and if it's
possible they could get an airborne stomach virus just by being in the same
area, maybe that's it?  #2) it's giardia and the vet will need Yoda's actual
butt to diagnosis it!

I came home early from work and Yoda had yet another diarrhea in his box.  He
was eating dry crunchies when I came in.  I immediately gave everyone their
Immodium.  No sooner had I done that and Yoda had two more separate piles of
even runnier, smellier diarrhea (and not to mention, he trashed his crate
afterward-- he does it on purpose)!  Urgh.  He gets away with it because he's
cuter than cute and the lil b*stard knows it!  I know I need to give the
Immodium more of a chance...but still?!

If it continues this weekend, I will just drop Yoda off on Monday and say,
"here's his butt...have at it; I'm sure he'll give you a 'sample' in all of
like 2 minutes!"

One of grey ones that are crated together threw up dry food this morning-- just
a little bit of it and into their water bowl.  It happened while I was at work
so I don't know who did it.  No one has ever thrown up since I've had them.  I
don't know if it means anything tho-- it really looked like the cat just ate
too fast without chewing because the crunchies were all pratically whole!

Awwww kittens...they are so much trouble!  I guess I rested on my laurels with
them after we beat the URIs so I probably deserve this!  Happily tho, I now got
my "coop cups" in the mail so no more spilling our waters and trashing our
crates and barfing in our waters!  I'm so excited!  I get as excited about my
online pet-care deliveries as I used to get about my clothing purchases that I
couldn't afford!  I guess that means I've matured?  Or maybe my priorities are
just more admirable now!  I also got my "Just Born" in the mail and I'm
starting them on that tonight!

-Caroline
Discover the new Windows Vista