  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 9:48 AM
  Subject: RE: Kitten update Take 2

  The diarrhea contiunes but it's now mostly affecting Yoda.  The other two
will have normal poos, and then sometimes soft, cow-pie poos, but they are not
having the runny, watery, sometimes mucousy diarrhea Yoda is now having.  I'm
just baffeled.  And upset for him.  I went to scoop him up yesterday and he
tried to dodge me (he's wiley), so instead of getting scruff or the mid-section
of his body, I got only his hind quarters and I grabbed on.  Well, the poor
thing simulanteously let out a baby-bird/girly squeal and also passed gas at
the same time (really loudly).  I thought some diarrhea may have shot out
accidently (it hadn't) when I grabbed him because the passing gas noise was so
loud.  I felt so bad- his tummy must have been bothering him.  So I immediately
put him in his crate in his litter box and the poor thing immediately had
really gassy, totally liquidy diarrhea.  I know, it's gross, I'm sorry!  I felt
so bad for him.  He also had to get a "bath" yesterday morning because his feet
were all pooy from a night in the crate- his litter box was a mess, he'd had
two boughts of diarrhea/cow pies thru the night- I couldn't really tell if it
was diarrhea because he'd spent a lot of time burying them, hence the dirty
feet.  He was good for his bath tho!  He's getting Immodium AD and it seems to
not be working at all!  But he's still status quo- eating like a piggy,
drinking water, running around and playing fine.  I guess I will call the Vet
and see what he has to say...
  I myself had been sick since Tuesday the 18th!!!  I only took one day off
work because I thought it was just allergies/change of season, etc., so I
didn't go to the Dr. because I didn't want to be put on an antibiotic that
would just destroy my stomach...I pushed myself too much last weekend and ended
up with laryngitis.  I finally got my voice back last Wed. and thought all was
well.  Well, Friday at work I felt intense muscle pain and my neck hurt, I felt
like I would throw up-- it was horrible.  I finally just went home early and
admitted to myself that I had a fever!  No other symptoms besides a fever and
just feeling like I might die.  So I spent a miserable Fri. night freezing to
death on my couch.  By Sat. my fever had broke, but I still felt horrible, so
it was couch-time again.  I think I am all recovered now but my mom is so mad
at me (for not going to the Dr.) and she says that the kitties and I are "all
making each other sick!"-- but she's crazy!
  -Caroline