It is a fact that many kittens that test pos at 8 weeks will test neg. at 16 weeks...
Some people say 6 months to be sure but from my personal experience the
test at 16 weeks is about 80% accurate....

A word about Jeni... She is very active in short term fostering and holding
kitties until she can get them in a no kill shelter... She is probably responsible for saving more kitties from PTS in one month than most of us are in a lifetime...
She probably already has both pos and neg. kitties isolated from each other
in her home and what these kitties need is a home that has neither pos or
neg. as they can go either way in the next few weeks....
This might be a great opportunity for some people who have said that they
have worked with FeLV but currently don't have any to help out for just a short
while to see which way they go...
I believe these kitties are in the NYC, Long Island area.....
Tad

Kelley Saveika wrote:

I'm sorry, I should have given a cite for this.  My vet says testing
cats of less than 3 months is not recommended.  I can't find anything
on the Internet to cooberate.  Anyone hear of this before?