  From: Gloria Lane
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:10 PM
  Subject: Re: Interferon Question

  Hi Gary,

  Never heard of that for interferon alpha.  LIke Lance said, maybe it's for VO.

  I can't see the harm for a diabetic cat.  But my experience with FELV cats is
that they can look so great, then turn symptomatic, and in my experience theres
not much that can be done when they're symptomatic, at least for the young ones
that I've had.  So I'd probably try it out.  I remember when I got Calawalla
Banana and she was about 6 months to a year.  She looked so healthy and hearty.
 Then at 2.5 yr she developed lymphoma and nothing we did would touch it.  I'd
wished I'd had her on interferon prior to her being symptomatic.

  (The interferon alpha protocol I use is a daily dose - not the on and off.)

  On the other hand, I now have 2 FELV cats that are over 10, and 1 that's 4-5.
Go figure.  They were over the magic age of 3 when I got them, so it's nothing
I've done that's kept them going...

  Good luck,

  Gloria