What if you have a bottle of powdered Amoxi that you are mixing with water?
What is the dosage per pound of body weight?  Just want to triple check that I
am dosing my cats right...
Caroline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Amoxicillin vs Cephalexin for
URI?Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:29:51 -0600

I hope I am confused about your numbers.  Let's see if I got this right.  You
say you put a 250mg capsule into 2.5 cc of water right?  The you give the cat
10 cc (or is that 1.0 cc) of this so, that's 1000mg and you give this twice a
day for a total of 2000mg a day? If so, WOW that is a LOT of amoxicillin.
Recommended dosage for a cat is 50mg (5-10mg per pound) once a day, that would
be .5 cc (point 5cc) once a day for 50 mg if a 250mg cap is disolved in 2.5cc
of water.  Be sure to shake this very well before taking up the dose to be
given as it sometimes seperates very quickly in water.  Here is a link to
pfizer with dosages of their Amoxi-tabs.
http://www.pfizerah.com/PAHimages/compliance_pdfs/US_EN_A5_compliance.pdf

Gary