Shelia Smith is very involved with FeLV+ cats. She and
her husband, Dr. Smith, an Austin,Texas Veterinarian,
have adopted many, I'd guess, dozens of FeLV+ cats
that would have otherwise been destroyed.. They spend
thousands $$ of their own money  supporting these
cats...I can only imagine, they devote countless hours
of personal time to  research and trying, all means
possible, keeping the cats in their care healthy ann
extending the lives of these cats.  For anyone
interested in picking Shelia's brain, just visit that
'other list' where some of us, actually do work on the
FeLV issues...
We have never had a blowup on that list.I think we
have 33 members now...so no blow ups is pretty
impressive...I'm sure, besides the fact, we all like
each other and respect each other's views, we will
never have a problem there, because Michael, the list
owner, is so on top of things , We may disagree,
perhaps, somewhere on something some day, but nobody
would ever be personally attacked. If people might
possibly have a personal disagreement they can visit
offlist...Which reminds me, even when Shelia came down
hard on , everyone knows who. That was a private
letter sent from Shelia to that person...It was
'publically posted' on this list by someone else...It
was originally sent offlist...That was so not
cool...As for how anything Shelia does or says relates
to FeLV, just click open her Shadowcat website and go
from there...Everyone who is so quick to point fingers
and spout off, without checking out the facts, needs
to step back and realize Shelia is down there in
Austin working her butt off, every day for, all the
cats...  I think it is a shame Shelia is so unwelcome
on your list, because she is a jewel to have around
when we have questions about FeLV She is up to date
on the latest information and research related to FeLV
issues...Wouldn't it be really wonderful if , like
Shelia mentioned, in her letter, if people could just
move on? I do think this wound did need to be opened a
little again, just so it can be drained and heal...It
is for the cats people...Michael said long ago, when
he was helping on both lists, that everyone is welcome
on the list he created and even suggested it could be
a positive thing for everyone to feel free to travel
between lists, in search of the best information for
our cats...Nobody should be banned from either list,
nobody..., especially if they are an especially
valuable source of information for the majority of
people who are on both of these lists  seeking the
best information possible for their kitties.
I am really sorry for people like unusually unique,
obviously a very sweet person, who has been disgusted
by all the unncessary pettiness between these two
lists...
I'm off to clean litterboxes...
Glenda

=== message truncated ===