Fostered a little guy that somebody had dumped .. he was a real problem to
pick up-he'd hiss and curl up just as you described.  He'd also run a whole
lot faster than me and could get under things!   LOL

I just made it a point to pick him up as much as I could.  He was around my
cats and I think that helped a whole lot cause once he started playing with
them and watching what they did, he figured it was OK.  I fed him with the
big guys and just being around, figuring out that the strange noises (TV,
vacumn, etc.) were OK, making his way to the food dish and the litter box
and the toys-all those things clicked and within a couple of weeks he was
ready to go.  He got adopted the 2nd day I brought him to the shelter (I
made a deal to bring him there during the day and pick him up at night).

My only suggestion is to do what you're doing-handle each of them as much as
possible, let them be kittens and find their food bowls and litter boxes,
and I bet it will work out.

Christiane Biagi

914-632-4672

Cell:  914-720-6888

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Katrina Animal Reunion Team (KART)

www.findkpets.org

Join Us & Help Reunite Katrina-displaced Families with their Animals