They are actually doing really well so far.  I have one sitting in my lap right
now napping, but when I starting typing on the keyboard, she woke up a little
and just follows the cursor with her eyes!  But no freak-out or anything.  I
also discovered the other night that they will nap while I hold all 3 of them
together wrapped in a blanket- the "kitty burrito"- while I work on the
computer.  They love to watch the cursor being moved by the mouse!

I would say at this point they are tamer than ferals and I guess that is why I
used the term "socialization."  Tonight, I've had two of them lick turkey baby
food off my finger-- they are such suckers for food- little fatties, so I think
that is huge!  And the black one, whom I have never heard meow- only hiss at
me- meowed at me tonight AFTER I PUT IT BACK IN THE CAT CONDO!  Looked right at
me and meowed... a bunch of times.  So I gave him more baby food- which he ate.

On that note, I was told many times by the initial rescuer of these kittens
that they are all females.  The vet clinic that did their fvrcps, wormings,
etc., marked them as all females.  I thought all got spayed yesterday.  But
since I have had them, I kept calling the black one "him" and "he" and "bud"
and "lil guy" and had to correct myself a lot.  Well, apparently not b/c I was
right.  I am one of those people who just gets a sense of sex with cats- even
teeny kittens- right away and I am usually never wrong.  So that is why this
bothered me so much that I was told they were all girls b/c I just didn't get
that from the black one.  But I went ahead and named them b/c I thought, well
the 1st vet clinic said they were all girls....  But when I went to check the
black one's sutures tonight, the belly wasn't shaved and I was like "what the
H?"  Low and behold, we have teeny little balls that were removed!  I was so
happy-- mostly just to know that I was right GD it!  But I wish I hadn't named
them.  I had named them: Ladee (sounds like "Lady")- grey & white; Babee
"baby"- all grey; and Sadee "Sadie"- my black one!  The double ee's are in
"honor" of Monkee of course.  I thought those were about the cutest names ever
and Sadee was my favorite.  I thought they would be fun to "market" with those
names!  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: socializing barn kittensDate:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:28:48 -0600

When you stare at them you are challenging them.  I know it is fun but you need
to look at them thru almost closed eyes.  You are threatening to them.  I found
out the hard way.  I thought you could stare down a cat like you can some dogs.
 NOPE.  They are CAT.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who
                                will deal likewise with their fellow man.
                                                           St. Francis